PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
I love the stories and story of CS Lewis. Sadly, due to his personal beliefs, he will be subject to thread locking in a place like this with diverse population.

We should probably leave all the rhetoric behind.

IBTL

Cappy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
Louisiana
I love the stories and story of CS Lewis. Sadly, due to his personal beliefs, he will be subject to thread locking in a place like this with diverse population.

We should probably leave all the rhetoric behind.

IBTL
I don’t understand. If we are as diverse as you say, why would the thread be locked? Isn’t freedom of expression the very point of diversity? That being said, I posted it because he’s a pipe smoker whose favorite blend was 3 Nuns. Also, my views aren’t the same as Einstein, but I welcome the opportunity to learn more about my fellow pipe smoker.

Aug 1, 2012
I don’t understand. If we are as diverse as you say, why would the thread be locked? Isn’t freedom of expression the very point of diversity? That being said, I posted it because he’s a pipe smoker whose favorite blend was 3 Nuns. Also, my views aren’t the same as Einstein, but I welcome the opportunity to learn more about my fellow pipe smoker.
It's because diversity often comes with refusal to understand other's beliefs. That's, sadly, the way things are now. We have lots of voices but many cannot stand the sound of each other. Society right now is a bad marriage made for the world stage.

EDIT: In the words of Hagrid, "I shouldn't have said that."

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I assume it has something to do with province of the film. It to my eye looks like one of those movies that tries to make a point not tell a story.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
OP: Looks to be a great film. If it isn't everyone's cup of tea, that is fine, too. I have always been a great fan of C.S. Lewis. The Screwtape letters are terrific.

Thus far everyone has been respectful of their opinions, that is really all we can hope for. It's when someone is feeling their oats and pushes an agenda that we get the stick.

It may be somewhat helpful to imagine, when posting, that the next person down is going to be posting the exact opposite idea to yours in the same TONE you are using. If you think that next post is going to be offensive, chances are yours is, too. This is what I try to do when I am feeling MY oats. I have limited success. ha ha.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I will check this out probably. I read quite a lot of his theology books, but in the end I prefer the theology/philosophy of his Narnia series over any of the other books I read.

It took me a few years to get my head around the strict conversation boundaries on this forum, but once I did click to it, I was very grateful to have a place where I can come and argue the merits of a tapered pipe cleaner while the world crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.