PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
Though the goodie bags have run out on P & C, it's still a great deal and am interested in the Crown Achievement pipe, but had concerns about the stinger I read on one of the reviews.....does anyone know if this is the type of stinger that can just be pulled out like in the new Sasieni's, or is it stuck on like a Kaywoodie?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
They're nice looking pipes with an interesting pedigree. I didn't see any mention of a stinger on the website but I'm sure that if it has one it can be removed.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks papipeguy, yeah, there is no mention in the description, it was just mentioned by a reviewer so wanted to make sure. I was surprised when one was on my Sasieni and was relieved when I could just pull it out, I'd be shocked if it weren't the same way with the Crown Achievement.

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
I have one en route, but, if it is Hilson made like they suggest, it should be a very small push stinger, which is easily pulled and pitched. Based on the Hilson Vintage I had picked up from P&C prior, at least.

aquilas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I ordered one and I noticed one of the reviewers said stinger. So, like you, I went looking around the internet in hopes of finding more info, but came up short.
Will be keeping tabs on this thread.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Yep, just yank it out. They're removable. I love these pipes. I bought a couple for myself, and three for gifts. I don't think there's a better value. The only bad thing is that the quantities are limited, so I plan to pick up a couple more before they're gone.
Russ

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the confirmation Russ, glad to hear you've enjoyed them. Can't wait to receive it with the rest of my IPSD haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.