PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JSPiper71

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Update from me. My local guy here in Toronto called and said he had 5 tins left and he’d give me a deal. Talked to some friends to spread the wealth and snatched them up. Good guy that he is, he gave me the remainder of the sample tin which I’m smoking now. It’s very dry given it’s been open since November, so I was really interested to try it out. To me, I think you want to keep this one fairly fresh and moist. I’m getting tons of bread with a very light undercurrent of the plummy, raisin, stewed fruit awesomeness that I’m used to. I think I’ll just blend this tin into my jar full of fresh CK and see how that goes. Any comments from those wiser than me about how much you let this dry out before smoking would be helpful, cause for me, the stewed fruit goodness is where it’s at.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Take this with a grain of salt as I like my tobacco a bit dryer than most folks, but I usually open a tin, maybe have a bowl or two, then with the lid on, let is sit for a few weeks to a month. I found Cringle Flake to be smokable right out of a freshly opened tin, but for my tastes I like to let it dry some. I remember with the 2020 version that I had some trouble keeping it lit until I let it dry. Anyway, I've really enjoyed all the Cringle Flake iterations and am glad that I have a few tins of each on hand. It is a nice holiday smoke for me.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Smoking last bowl of tin I had in a jar… so, going to pop a new one tonight and get it jarred - probably get a bowl ready for the morning commute. Was going to wait - but, this encouraged me to go ahead and get one open. I do like the sweet and tangy this offers - so, look forward to seeing if the tin is much different than what I’ve been smoking on.

Reactions: JSPiper71

JSPiper71

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Take this with a grain of salt as I like my tobacco a bit dryer than most folks, but I usually open a tin, maybe have a bowl or two, then with the lid on, let is sit for a few weeks to a month. I found Cringle Flake to be smokable right out of a freshly opened tin, but for my tastes I like to let it dry some. I remember with the 2020 version that I had some trouble keeping it lit until I let it dry. Anyway, I've really enjoyed all the Cringle Flake iterations and am glad that I have a few tins of each on hand. It is a nice holiday smoke for me.
You’ll have to take my last post with a grain of salt too. Turns out there is a bit of post Covid taste bud issue going on with me, so pretty sure my assessment of the drier Cringle is inaccurate. Next morning I smoked a bowl of Presbyterian and it didn't taste right either. F*k Covid messing with my pipe enjoyment.

Reactions: aquadoc

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
After I smoke through some more of my opened tins and bulk I have in several different bags, I’m going to have to crack open another 2021 and a 2020 version of CF… MAYBE in July so it will be Christmas in July for me! For whatever reason, I like smoking a tin of the previous years Cringle Flake right after Thanksgiving and the new edition right after.

americaman

May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Oh my! Just when I was feeling accomplished in all my recent acquisitions. Penzance…check. Frog Morton….check. 2020 Cringle…check. Now I have to get my hands on some of the 19?!?! When does this rabbit hole end??
Never, unless you can control yourself. I have a room with stacks of cardboard boxes full of vintage/aged tobacco. And I started in 2018. I’ve only recently started to control myself.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Never previously acquired any of these special releases.

Found this thread and read it carefully and evaluated the characters providing the info. ;)

Fortuitously, I then came across an opportunity to grab 5 of the 2021 Cringle Flake tins, and although the $ was more than I "wanted" it to be - jumped on it without hesitation.

Looking forward to having that 1st tin, and if my TAD remains healthy, I'm sure that I'll be grabbing the 2022 release from the beginning. puffy

Who knows, maybe one of these special tins will end up in a secret santa gift come December.

Yeah, already looking forward to that.

Reactions: dcon

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Never previously acquired any of these special releases.

Found this thread and read it carefully and evaluated the characters providing the info. ;)

Fortuitously, I then came across an opportunity to grab 5 of the 2021 Cringle Flake tins, and although the $ was more than I "wanted" it to be - jumped on it without hesitation.

Looking forward to having that 1st tin, and if my TAD remains healthy, I'm sure that I'll be grabbing the 2022 release from the beginning. puffy

Who knows, maybe one of these special tins will end up in a secret santa gift come December.

Yeah, already looking forward to that.
spending more on a great tin of tobacco is so much better than spending less on a tin that you end up giving away or just tossing. You will experience both emotions over the course of your TAD...

biodarwin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 11, 2019
Indy
Ironically, I just broke out some of this today. I really didn't like it fresh, there was some sort of acrid taste for me. Now that this has had some time to breathe, it's rounded off nicely, and now super pleased I bought a few extra tins when it came out.