PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Hello. I love my pipes & tobaccos, so I sometimes smoke 2 pipes at one time. Crazy, huh? How many of you do the same thing? I hope I'm not the only one. Please don't deride me for doing this. No, I'm not crazy! Thanks for answering this loon's question. LeRoy
Are you doing this in tandem, one pipe then another and back, or simultaneously, with two pipes hanging out of your mouth at the same time?
No judgement, just curious.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I usually smoke 2 bowls, one after the other, but NEVER simultaneously.

I have smoked 2 cigar simultaneously once only as a "tasting" exercise, but did not enjoy the experience. Smoking for me, is all about relaxation, and that one experience was "too clinical" and definitely not relaxing.

Wine tasting - that is completely different. I usually have 3-4 wines in front of me at the one time, and may taste up to 25-30 wines in a single session. That is a very different situation to enjoying a couple of glasses at a meal.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
. . . I sometimes smoke 2 pipes at one time. . . .
Good Morning LeRoy,
I do it, too. I sometimes have 3 or 4 pipes partially smoked pipes on the smoking table. I enjoy the different flavors of various tobacco blends over the course of 2 or 3 hours. When I eat a meal I do the same, I'll have a bite of this and then a bite of that, unlike our child who, when young, ate mostly one dish on the plate at a time. BTW--when I smoke several pipes (not in my mouth at once! LOL), they usually go out while resting and get a relight for a 15 or 30 minute puffing session.

For me, this works great throughout the day when I'm home.
kindly
mike

I do it when I am really trying to pull the flavors and taste deeply into a blend. Having two pipes with different tobaccos really helps, because I can have one of my "I totally understand" tobaccos, like a C&D Virginia Flake in one, and the other can have some other mixture, and switching between the two gives me a deeper insight to the new one. When I return to the one with a new blend in it, it is like I get a fresh taste on it. Hawky (the guy with the black dog avatar) first suggested this on here, and I have picked it up when exploring something new.

I mean, I am not just walking around all day with two pipes hanging out of my clench, but I can see some benefit to doing this every now and then.

But, if we took a poll, I'm sure everyone on here would rank me as one crazy motherfucker, ha ha. But, not for this. They all just hate me because I'm so beautiful. puffy

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Sometimes when a bowl gets too hot and needs to cool down [Sip? Nah, don't know what you're talking about] I sometimes pack another pipe with something different. Then I'll alternate between the two over a couple of hours or so.

daberman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2021
Atlanta, GA
For instance, I have two missouri meerschaums going, both legends, one rob roy the other flat, ones loaded with that horrible horrible SG black Irish X and the other with hoffman's spilman mixture as a kind of chaser to the irish twist

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: chopper

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Marty Pulvers has/had a two bowl pipe on his site recently. I believe that it was Swiss, fairly inexpensive and Marty was open to offers on it. He also had a fairly expensive one a while back. Don't know if it is still there.