Crazy Guy that Runs into Burning Buildings.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
Some of you know that I am an EMT. I just spent most of the day at the college and enrolled for the fire academy. Classes start August 20 so I may not be on as much, but I will make sure to drop in when I can. I am very excited can't wait to get started.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Good luck!

Hopefully all goes well and I'd like to thank you for your service. Did not know that you were an EMT but that is awesome to hear.

Is the fire academy for firefighters or is it something extremely different?

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
You got it waznyf it's for firefighter. Someday I would like to go on to get my paramedic license and maybe my RN. I would like to either be a flight medic or swat medic; haven't really decided yet.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Missouri Southern State University; that is where I went for my EMT course and I want to keep all my credits with one school for now to save on having to transfer transcripts.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Great to hear that! Question...Are they going to allow you to remain grizzly (bearded) in fire academy school?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I'll bet I can answer that Lankford.... With an SCBA, he'll have to shave it off...

I'll tall Ya, 20 years in the Marine Corps and I used to run marathons. But

Texas A&M Fire Fighting Academe whipped my ass!
(Dead Tired!)

381405_2726821537788_1379921117_a.jpg

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Yep, sadly I shaved it off today. I am still in mourning it. I look like a damn pup, but I guess really I am one...only 25.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Sorry I thought so...I'm just getting my beard growing again after a few months of shaving, so I'll make up for your lose. :wink:

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hey grizz, good luck man! I am a firefighter/EMT in Abq, NM. Fire academys suck I must say but stay strong and you will do fine! If you have any questions or just wanna talk fire, let me know!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Talk??? Ha! Just gut it out Marine..Oppsssss! I meant Firefighter!
(Just be sure and go out on the quarter deck during the evening and smoke your pipe)

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Ok, you guys asked for it. Here is my ugly mug minus the beard. We'll see if they let me get away with this; if not I guess I'll be going to just a 'stache.
070-600x450.jpg

My wife liked my beard and hasn't seen me yet; wonder what she is gonna say.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ummmmmmmm.... I'm guessing they wont buy it. I know... you think you can stuff it in an SCBA, but

they wont buy it I'm thinking. Any hair that breaks the seal of the mask is bad. Go for it though...

you never know

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Yeah, I thought as much. It's still a month away so I'll have some time to adjust.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I hate shirts dont know why, but if i can get away with not wearing one i wont put it on. that is actually one of the few i have that still has the sleeves on it

Status
Not open for further replies.