PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

brownbilliard

Might Stick Around
Feb 27, 2012
Smoking some White Rose from the Country Squire in the Rhodesian Meerschaum. Its okay... that's about all the praise I can give it. The website claims that this blend "will be one of the most unique aromatics in your cellar." I beg to disagree.
About mid-bowl, the words that come to mind most often are "gentle" and "smooth". This blend most certainly burns clean and easily with virtually no bite whatsoever.

The flavors... are somewhat lackluster in my opinion. The website also claims that "the sophisticated smoker will immediately appreciate the essence of Lakeland tobacco characteristics, as rosewater is apparent on the exhale."
I've been smoking hardcore Lakeland blends like Ennerdale for close to a decade and I must say - this one doesn't hold a candle to them. In comparison, white rose is somewhat two dimensional. I definitely get the sweet honey and tea notes but the rosewater is a mere afterthought on the flavor spectrum.

It most certainly is not bad. I'm towards the end of the bowl as I write this and the flavors are still coming through nicely. If honey, tea and a very light trace or rose sounds appealing to you, you'll definitely like this. It would go nice with a cup of Earl Grey in the morning. But if you're like me and prefer a more aggressive tasting Lakeland blend that hits you over the head with overwhelming and complex flavors, I would recommend passing this one by.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Recently when I ordered some of the delicous Figgy Pudding once again from The Country Squire I added some White Rose to try.

I really liked the idea that the profits from White Rose go to support the Country Squire podcast.

I've also enjoyed many of the Lakeland blends for well over a decade & the description of White Rose definitely harkens a comparison to those marvelous blends.

My own experience with many of the Country Squire aromatics has been that they are quite mild & overall very subtle with regard to the toppings/casings. They are generally just so darn pleasant & extremely enjoyable. The tobaccos used are high quality & generally not as drenched with propylene glycol like many other bulk aromatics. The burn characteristics are great so they're very smokable & don't leave lots of goop at the end of a bowlful.

White Rose to me is similar - mild, subtle, & just darn pleasant & enjoyable. The honey flavoring & tea notes are definitely there. The rose water note is extremely subtle & not at all like the strong flavors of a typical Lakeland blend.

Personally I recommend The White Rose highly.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy