PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamSeva

Lurker
Jul 18, 2021
Bought this Nording for cheap. He said the chip doesn’t affect the draw but I still think I’d like to get it fixed.
What do you all think? Fixable?

Attachments

• D47F99AC-9DB0-4DA9-AB7F-59FFAC6DC9BD.jpeg
    D47F99AC-9DB0-4DA9-AB7F-59FFAC6DC9BD.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some would say patch it, and some would say leave it alone. A patch might get worked out with removal and re-inserting the stem. Left as is, it would probably not crack or chip some more, but there's no guarantee. I'd smoke it as-is and only consider pipe repair (yours or a pro's) if it shows signs of cracking or chipping more. A pro might glue in a slip of briar and then work it down even with the airway.

RamSeva

Lurker
Jul 18, 2021
Some would say patch it, and some would say leave it alone. A patch might get worked out with removal and re-inserting the stem. Left as is, it would probably not crack or chip some more, but there's no guarantee. I'd smoke it as-is and only consider pipe repair (yours or a pro's) if it shows signs of cracking or chipping more. A pro might glue in a slip of briar and then work it down even with the airway.
Sounds like good advice. Thank you!

mikebjrtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 14, 2012
Hurst TX
If it’s stable and seals leave it alone. If it’s cracking use waxed paper or plastic between the stem and shank, pack the void with baking soda, then apply super glue to the baking soda. It will harden almost instantly. Gotta have that waxed paper or plastic or you’ve glued the stem in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.