PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I just got a tin of Opening Night in the mail. There's a little sticker on the bottom that reads 20001. Surely it wasn't tinned in January of 2000?
The tin is swollen but otherwise looks brand new, and I'm obsessively wondering how old it actually is.
Does the sticker refer to the blend number or batch number rather then date? There are no other stickers on the tin, and I'm not too familiar with Cornell & Diehl tins.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
The C&D tins I have are month/day/year.
Your tin does not match that formula. So maybe a mistake, or maybe they had a different formula back in 2000. Maybe the 20th day of January in the year 2000...

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
Your date sticker is missing. All of my 2oz C&D/GLP tins have the 20001 sticker and a separate sticker with MM YY on them

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Yep there should be two stickers. I don't think Opening Nights was around in 2000.

stickframer

Apr 11, 2015
Thanks guys. I did a bit of digging and Opening Night seems to have been introduced post-2007. That's as far as I got.
The only thing left to do is smoke it :puffy:

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I am halfway through a tin and enjoying it. I think it would be great to try it with some age on it as mine was very fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.