PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I have to add Oriental Silk to my earlier list. I recently cracked a jar of it that's only a year old, and it's already a beautiful smoke.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
I used to think all C&D knew how to make were Burleys. I didn't like their burley blends so by default, I didn't like C&D. I'm happy I got over that because C&D is one of my favorite blenders these days and holds a significant position in my cellar. I really like the Small Batch Caroline Red Flake blends. A number of their VaOr blends are as good and better than anything else out there. My favorite blends are Virginias and I've learned to really appreciate and enjoy Opening Night.

My favorites are the Carolina Red Va's, Opening Night, Sun Bear, Dreams of Kadath, Bijou, Oriental Silk, Sanselpocro, Seersucker, XX Flake and Sunday Picnic.
I came here to say basically everything you said. I'll echo a few blends you mentioned.

Sunday Picnic - my favorite C&D
Sanselpocro - Second
Carolina Red Flake w/Perique - Third
Bayou Morning
Haunted Bookshop
Burley Flake #1
OJK

For a change of pace and bit of Latakia...

Pirate Kake and Billy Budd.

Reactions: radrick96

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Three Friars is a great smoke on a hot summer day. Just the right amount of sour without any bite. But as I fell in love with this blend just after quitting cigarettes, I have to agree that it may appeal more to former cigarette smokers. I find the same is true with Haunted Bookshop and Old Joe Krantz. I've smoked a lot of all three. By far my favorite would be Three Friars.

I also really liked Billy Budd original for the cigar leaf. Didn't much care for Sunday Picnic and don't know why exactly. Just got a delivery of never before tried C&D bulks yesterday. I'll be sure to weigh in on those at some point.

Sep 16, 2020
Three friars
Haunted bookshop
Bayou morning
Poplar camp
I have Three Friars, HB, and BM on the way right now! I love VaPers (although I've only ever had PS Luxry Navy Flake—LOVED the perique), and wanted something stronger and with more taste. Never tried burley so I'm worried about the HB! Which should I try first? Any comparison on these blends and PS LNF?

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
I have Three Friars, HB, and BM on the way right now! I love VaPers (although I've only ever had PS Luxry Navy Flake—LOVED the perique), and wanted something stronger and with more taste. Never tried burley so I'm worried about the HB! Which should I try first? Any comparison on these blends and PS LNF?

imo, Sunday Picnic is a great VaPer (granted with some Oriental in there too) ...truly burns down to nothing and tastes great the whole way through.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I'm primarily a VA smoker, and always found their VAs sub par. Of course just my opinion. D&R makes much better blends in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.