PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounded interesting until I saw Carolina Red Virginia. Love C&D, but have to pass. Still mold cautious.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
No opinion of the C&D blend however if you're interested in trying the florets they are a key component in Savinelli 140 too.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I was fortunate enough to get a tin of this that had been provided to our pipe club a couple months back. I suspect it was to get it into the market before the cutoff date.
This is a great blend and anyone who enjoys ODF will like this one. I was an ODF nut for a year and I can say confidently, this is superior in my opinion.
Mine has been in the tin and open since early August, and no mold issues, FYI.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm stocked to the ears, partly due to Forums members generosity, but if my willpower fails me, I'd take a chance on mold for a tin or two. C&D comes up with great blends. Speaking of limited additions, I'm still enjoying some of PC/Russ's experimental Balkan M61, the magic of blends we may never see again.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I should be getting a sample to review tomorrow. Sounds like an interesting blend.

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
It's all yours fellas. I don't do Carolina Red Virginia's from C&D anymore either.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I would trust that they've gotten their mold problem under control by now, it's just the stuff from a certain time frame is suspect for me, this sounds like a very good blend, I'm sure they worked out the red VA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.