PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’ve never tried it because I’m confident I wouldn’t like it. However, I’ve thought that about a few blends I ended up really enjoying, most of which were burleys.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Loved it when I first tried it about 2013................from 2015ish it's been just mehhh for me.

The cut changed at some point....around 2014? and it just lost a lot of the "special" flavour (don't think the cut had anything to do with that though).

Only tried bulk....but have a few tins from long ago squirreled away.

Oh......and I ruined about half a pound by adding far to much granulated perique to try to give it some flavour........although has come in handy over the years as a mixer!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Okay, I’ve given the HB a few more shots at impressing me. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not so much of a relaxing sitting tobacco and more of an actively doing something tobacco. I’ve enjoyed raking leaves with it and today, fishing for crappies with it. Perhaps it just needed to be in an old cob.
It is really good in a cob, like most burleys

butsiethesungo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2016
Broussard, LA
Haunted Bookshop is one of my main staples in my rotation. I have mason jars of this stuff, definitely my favorite this time of the year. There’s something about burley and cold winter months that warm me up inside. C&D HB never disappointments (IMHO)

Ora Pro Nobis

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2020
I've been smoking this blend lately and will write a review. However, I'm still not sure what to think of it. The blend is most certainly, "different".

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I had 8 ounces of it makes it way to me in Bulgaria a few days ago. I’m definitely glad I picked it up. It’s been at least 6 years since I’ve smoked any but I’ve been craving burleys lately. I felt like this would be the right blend to scratch that itch and I was right. Fantastic stuff!