PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I bought a few tins of the 2019 CRF release (and the 2020, and some of the CRF with Perique), and immediately opened a tin when they were delivered. I smoked a few bowls and thought it was decent, but I couldn't get past a pervasive harshness in the smoke that overpowered everything. I put the rest of the tin in a jar and left it alone. I'm currently smoking a bowl now, the first one in at least a year. That harshness is completely gone, and without it getting in the way, there's a great cinnamon sugar thing going on, and the smoke is very smooth. C&D should have written "just add time" on the tin. This bodes very well for the rest of my stash and the CRF with Perique. In 5 years this stuff is going to be amazing.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Bijou gets a fair amount of praise, but not as much as I would expect. In my [remarkably astute and well-informed ;)] opinion, it's by far C&Ds best regular production Virginia blend.
Yeah, really surprised me but again I might have dismissed it after the first bowl. I will be cellaring deep on that one. I think I have 4 tins from 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.