PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Does anyone have this in their rotation or has anyone smoked this product recently?
The reason I ask is, I have a tin and it keeps getting put on the back burner due to seemingly better options.
This is my first Cornell & Diehl purchase.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I highly recommend it. It is my daily smoke. Very tasty. I have 5 lbs in the cellar.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
It has been a daily favorite for over a year; which means I do not find it seasonal.
I highly prefer it after at least two months in a Ball/Kerr jar, so I always purchase it by the pound.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Zekest, should I pop a tin and jar it then for a few months?
I am told it ages quite well in the tin; I always purchase in bulk form, so I must jar it.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Trailboss, there aren't any enablers on this site. I have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm a big fan of C&D blends, various of them. I tried Bayou Morning a few years

ago and found it distractingly harsh. And I'm a guy who loves their Billy Budd,

Old Joe Krantz, and smokes their Dark Burley as a single blend. I may try again

at some point, but for now, it's not on my list.

I have to be in the mood for this one. It's the Virginias for me. I prefer the Virginia to have more character, red, yellow, black, or brown, it needs to hold up on its own. This one, as well as most of the C&D Virginias seem to be stale or something, like the flavor has all left, essentials oils and such. But, if I just want a very subtle VaPer, it's ok. It seems to take me a while to get through a jar. Not terrible, just not the best. IMO

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
There is an incredible array of tobacco choices available. No sooner do you get excited about trying one and then ten others are vying for your attention, Bayou Morning, for example. Right now I want to try:
Bayou Morning

Viprati Blend

Louisiana Red

Stratford

Samarra

Warrior Plug

Mick McQuaid
Right now if I had the cash I'd buy:
50 tins of Escudo

3 lbs of Fillmore

20 tins Scottish Cake

5 lbs Embarque

5 lbs La Bruemese

30 tins Chenet's Cake

5 lbs Quiet Night

5 lbs Chelsea Morning

30 tins Nightcap

30 tins MB Latakia Flake
One is never done buying tobacco, and always in the back of my mind is the thought "buy it now before the government, decided for us what's good for us, doubles or triples the taxes.

unholy1

Might Stick Around
May 4, 2014
Anyone notice a difference between the bulk ribbon cut and the flake versions of this blend? I've only sampled the flake version.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
To be honest ,I found it to very un-balanced.......Was wondering what would be good to mix it with. Maybe a dark Virginia ?

Status
Not open for further replies.