PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I was expecting a mouth full of apples, maybe with some cinnamon like smoking an apple pie.

This is a dark, moist cavendish nearly jet black, with surprisingly little smell from the pouch.

Yes, there’s a hint of apples, not sweet apples but tart ones. There’s a little vanilla in there as well. But the best I can describe this blend is like smoking Wringley’s Juicy Fruit gum, only it’s not overly sweet.

I’ve packed my huge Marxman Jumbo, the size of a large Danish freehand with this well over an hour ago and the bowl is half smoked.

My son and wife walking by both said wow that smells good,,, does it taste that good,,,oh that smells good.

Actually it’s not bad, but there’s not a lot of taste to this blend.

Here’s what this blend is excellent at:

1. Nothing burns cooler

2. Nothing burns longer

3. Nothing burns easier (no relights)

4. Nothing bites less

5. Nothing is milder

6. Nothing is easier smoking

7. Somehow, nothing is cleaner tasting. Girls that advertise milk could brush their teeth with it. There’s no aftertaste. It’s clean tasting.

8. Nothing is more difficult to review, except maybe Mixture 79 or Field and Stream

This blend is different.

Get some, load your biggest pipe, and relax for a couple of hours.

After that you may be longing for a real smoke, but this is the most inoffensive blend in the world.

You won’t love it, but it’s impossible to hate.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Like Snoop D-O-G, I prefer peaches and cream…

But, in all seriousness, the juicy fruit reference is of interest. I’m not familiar with this one , but could this be another American made gateway blend to the “overly generalised by geography and grandmas’ undergarments, known as Lakeland’s”? (Hopefully that description keeps @paulfg happy. ??)

Reactions: paulfg

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
8. Nothing with less tobacco flavor.

9. Nothing with less nicotine.

10. Nothing doin.
I’ve cooled and repacked my Jumbo Marxman with Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey blend.

Ahhh. A mouth full of flavor, and plenty of vitamin N

Bourbon and tobacco and fruits and it could bite you, and you are smoking a pipe, by crackey!

But high on a hilltop, behind gates, and with servants at his beck and call, a wealthy man fills his Dunhill with Apples and Cream and feels mighty more privileged than the poor folks in the valley below

I’m glad I have some Apples and Cream.

Every pipe smoker needs a few ounces.

• Haha
Reactions: Grangerous