PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Good Morning. It is Virgina and Orientals with only a bit of latakia. Similar to EMP, which, I suppose, is the intention. A very good smoke.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Gentleman Caller is considered an aro, I guess, because it has deer tongue. It reminds me of the original Half & Half, which no longer has deer tongue.

Guilford Courthouse is a Va/oriental and an interest cut to it which I find packs very well, USS Mason does have some latakia but also has a brandy infusion, which I smoke quite a bit.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Haunted Bookshop left me haunted, and went to the back of my cellar for a few more decades. It was a nicotine bomb for me. More harsh than any bullseye flake I have ever had.
Oddly, I am not a fan of C&D products.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Now that I thought about it, C&D also makes the Two Friends line. It's a partnership between Craig Tarler and Greg Pease and their blends are very interesting. I'm smoking their English Chocolate which is a lat blend but the chocolate is delicate and does add an interesting dimension to the blend. I also smoke their Valle Crucis which has a ginger flavor. Very different. Not an all day smoke but an interesting break from my usual stuff.

ebklodt

Might Stick Around
Nov 9, 2012
I dig "junkyard dog" it got a cool old school flavor

Three friars is a good all day smoke

Easy times is nice too with a little lat and Kentucky

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoy Haunted Bookstore and also their mocha blend. Yes, I enjoy both aromatic and non-aromatic.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I am very fond of Rajah's Court, which is C&D's version of Dunhill Durbar. I also think very highly of Crooner, which is a simple old-fashioned blend of cube-cut burley and deer tongue. It has a delicious taste, but is a little hard to burn. I add about 1/3 Virginia ribbon and that makes a pretty good smoke.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Crooner is definitely a good blend, I really want to try Lunchtime Blues and will order it soon. Has anyone had any experience with Lunchtime Blues yet?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm a big fan of Blockade Runner. I'm a bad judge of nicotine content so can't help you there. But has a very unique texture and flavor. One of the few rum blends I enjoy. In fact, I'm almost out a s need to order some more. I even dedicated a pipe to it. Not an every day blend, but an interesting once a week change of pace.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
300 Apricots & Cream An all black mixture of unsweetened black Cavendish and #734, Green River Vanilla, flavored with apricot brandy for a most mild smoke. (The ladies like the aroma. It's been called a "marriage saver!") :puffy:

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I like Billy Budd and Star of the East Flake so far, but BB is definitely high N. SOTE, on the other hand, is pretty average strength and is a really interesting blend, if you're into latakia.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I've been meaning to double down on tins of Exhausted Rooster and Briar Fox. I haven't tried the latter.
I enjoy the Burley Flake #2 and #4 (latakia) once they have had a chance to mellow for a while.
Night Train is one mean crumble cake.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Briar Fox is pretty heavy on the nicotine. I usually need to inhale somewhat to get any sort of nic buzz going from any tobacco. Briar Fox had me spinning for a good half hour. No inhaling, no problem (for me, anyway). Good strong flavor. The tin note reminds me of horse feed, which brings back memories of me and my brother when we were younger, in the barn where my mom kept her horse.
I gotta get some more to age. and experiment with different types of prep on the small amount I still have left. I only ever broke chunks off and rubbed them out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've not connected with any CD blends that have become part of the rotation, but I have enjoyed

both CD Latakia and CD Perique as blending tobaccos, or really mixing tobaccos since I don't

put them under pressure or age them. They really liven up a mix of Virginia and Burley, with

maybe some Cavendish, and various combinations of those. I'll take some of these CD blends

as recommendations. Thanks!

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
I really like Berry Good. After 25 of... I've just started smoking pipes again. I was given a packet of Berry Good. I have never heard of this brand (mostly smoke OTC in the past.)

Status
Not open for further replies.