PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hovannes

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2021
Fresno, CA
Normally I cook this (with a crew) for 600 or so people but the past few years on account of the 'Rona virus the annual fund raiser banquet has been cancelled.
Today I cooked this for my family because I actually miss Corned Beef and Cabbage. I selected a flat cut because it is leaner and my ticker ain't running so good (85% blockage, they tell me.)
Our mini-banquet turned out beautifully!
I know Corned Beef and Cabbage is a purely American tradition on St.Patrick's Day, but I was wondering if anyone else here cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage to celebrate?

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Normally I cook this (with a crew) for 600 or so people but the past few years on account of the 'Rona virus the annual fund raiser banquet has been cancelled.
Today I cooked this for my family because I actually miss Corned Beef and Cabbage. I selected a flat cut because it is leaner and my ticker ain't running so good (85% blockage, they tell me.)
Our mini-banquet turned out beautifully!
I know Corned Beef and Cabbage is a purely American tradition on St.Patrick's Day, but I was wondering if anyone else here cooked Corned Beef and Cabbage to celebrate?

I know some full-blooded Irish that scoff at corned beef on Paddy's Day and opt for shepherd's pie instead. All warshed down with Irish stout and whiskey.