PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Charles Towne Cobbler owes a very unique stem that makes it stand apart from regular MM Cobs!!
Thank you alaskanpiper
Happy Piping puffy
Yeah, more than stand out, the stem is made of acrylic rather than the garbage plastic the cheaper cobs have. It also has a hardwood plug in the bottom of the bowl.

The cheap ones smoke fine too, its just a little more durable and a cooler shape.

Dr_Harshit_Joshi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2020
Nainital, India
I love cobs for the purpose they serve for me. The "grab it, throw it in a pocket, stuff it, light the bugger and char the rim, drop it, bump it, superman puff it, don't give a damn" all purpose pipe!
Yes cobs do seems to be cheap in States but here in India after all the importing and custom duties they are costing almost equivalent to an average quality made briar pipe!

Cobs can just never be outta shelves of a contemplative smoker. Hoping it will serve me a fair justice.

Though I'm not expecting cobs to last long.. But for now, they can refine my skills of pipe smoking before getting with high end pipes.

Thank you for your views.
Happy piping! puffy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Anybody else find MM cobs flatten English blends?
Tobacco blends taste the same to me regardless of which pipe I smoke it in.

I like the Country Gentleman as

Country Gentleman is in my wishlist and is known for its generous bowl this very cob holds!

A bit small for me.

Though I'm not expecting cobs to last long..

They can last for decades if you take care of them. Some of mine are over 10 years old.