PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Owning already a dozen corn cobs I had to add Missouri Meerschaums newest cobs to my collection. I told myself that it wouldn´t be sensible just to order one pipe all the way from Amerika and so I ordered all of them. :? Well, you might assume that I like corn cobs quite a bit.
Today the greedy customs guys finally let go of them and I could have my first smoke. First impression: Well, they are small, very easy to clench and the Stubby and the Dagner Poker even have acrylic stems. I can imagine them as great pipes to take on holidays or for work. Thumbs up for the guys at Missouri Meerschaum, al always they did a great job. :puffy:

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
stvalentine, glad you finally got your cobs. How do you like that Dagner? I love mine. Been smoking it every day. It's become a go-to pipe for me. That Stubby looks like a first cousin to the Dagner....very nice. Got a Marcus not too long ago and like it a lot. It's funny how such cheap pipes can hold their own against fancy briars in one's rotation. Hope you enjoy your new cobs! Should keep your nose warm on the cold long nights.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm rather taken by your Dagner poker at top right. I reckon I could easily live with that pipe assuming it has a decent bowl capacity which it looks to have.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
stv', I'm glad you aren't risking a shortage with these. I think the improved stems Dagner uses are an excellent investment. MM cobs last for years, so the stems should too.

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
stv', I'm glad you aren't risking a shortage with these
:lol: Hahah, in fact its more about the shipping. Not much sense in ordering just one of these. But you´re right, with 17 cobs now there is no shortage at all. The acrylic stems of the Dagner and the Stubby are great too!I wish they all would have those.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
If you have any military mount stems on other pipes, give them a try on a cob. I've got a couple that I can use to improve the stem aspect on a couple three of mine...I also use the cobbit stem on other cobs.

I had to get a replacement cobbit stem, and was able to cut down the old one and get some mileage out of it as well.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
Great choices stvalentine. I love the nose warmer cobs. All the rest of my cobs have remained on the shelf this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.