PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I bought a pound of these online. I dull the points with a file and put the shank in my drill chuck and make smaller ones with a file. That way I have an assortment for smaller bowls and very tapered dublins. Not fancy but practical and you always have enough if you lose them.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Eyed them several times, but couldn’t justify having a whole box of them lying around.

How many would you say are in a pound?

Reactions: J.GANDY

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
And to think that the pipe smokers in the 19th century used a finger or a twig to tamp and chicken feathers as pipe cleaners. We've come a long way or have we.
Some still use a finger to tamp.

And tampers are not really a relatively new invention: prisoners in hulk ships at the turn of the 19th century used to make them to pass the time, which means they've probably as old as pipe smoking itself, only they didn't call them 'tampers' back then.

Reactions: J.GANDY and ray47

Swampy16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2020
This little screw driver works great. It really opens the air way well on my daily pipe. It gets nasty and cloggs up a bit. This thing just opens it right up. And, when I think to use it as a tamper it works well.

I hate roofing nails with a fiery eyed blood spurting passion. Just drop one in the driveway and they ALWAYS end up in the shoulder of the tire that cannot be plugged and patched.

I grab a bag of wooden golf tees occasionally. You can find these all over my yard, house, truck, anywhere I have been there are golf tees laying about. Roofing nails would drive me nuts.

Reactions: SaxonX
Status
Not open for further replies.