PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I recently opened a tin of Haunted Bookshop. Flavorful then became flavorless. Thought I had Covid’s loss of taste. The flavor just vanished.

I have a gentle slow cadence.

My hat’s off to you whom smoke numerous blends and can get each to behave. It’s mind boggling how you can control so many variables.

It’s the chief benefit of knowing one or two blends and their characteristics well. No surprises.

On edit. As pertains to cool or hot. Granger smokes cool. Carter Hall burns hotter than Granger. C&D burley burns hotter still. Same technique with all.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I recently opened a tin of Haunted Bookshop. Flavorful then became flavorless. Thought I had Covid’s loss of taste. The flavor just vanished.

I have a gentle slow cadence.

My hat’s off to you whom smoke numerous blends and can get each to behave. It’s mind boggling how you can control so many variables.

It’s the chief benefit of knowing one or two blends and their characteristics well. No surprises.

On edit. As pertains to cool or hot. Granger smokes cool. Carter Hall burns hotter than Granger. C&D burley burns hotter still. Same technique with all.
It's easy. I just don't think about it :)

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
A fair to middling smoke. Didn’t we learn anything from Goldilocks?
That when you finally get things just right, bears show up and ruin everything? That when you give a man a fish, he'll stink the place up but if you teach him to fish he'll steal your good tackle? That when Julius Caesar said the famous line "I came, I saw, I conquered" he was actually speaking of his failed attempt to invade Britain and not referencing his victory in Gaul which would ultimately propel him to Emperor-dom?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That when you finally get things just right, bears show up and ruin everything? That when you give a man a fish, he'll stink the place up but if you teach him to fish he'll steal your good tackle? That when Julius Caesar said the famous line "I came, I saw, I conquered" he was actually speaking of his failed attempt to invade Britain and not referencing his victory in Gaul which would ultimately propel him to Emperor-dom?
the Gaul of it.