PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
It's a common thread for sure. Even though a base ingredient in cigarettes is tobacco, and even though many cigarette smokers find smoking a pipe to be enjoyable, I'd say the two are as different as beer and wine, or ribeye and ground beef. While you can like both, they're rarely if ever interchangeable.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Pipe takes some patience to learn and to enjoy. Most of my friends are 50 year old ADHA patients.
My eyes read that as "ADHD patients." Which might explain why my first thought was, you lost me at "patience." 😬

My second thought was about the various examples of confusion that might arise from the phonetic similarity between patience and patients.

My third thought....wait, nevermind that. I zoned out well before a third thought could form. In other words, I've got about 10 years and change to go before I'm a 50 year old ADHD patient. 🤷‍♂️

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
My eyes read that as "ADHD patients." Which might explain why my first thought was, you lost me at "patience." 😬

My second thought was about the various examples of confusion that might arise from the phonetic similarity between patience and patients.

My third thought....wait, nevermind that. I zoned out well before a third thought could form. In other words, I've got about 10 years and change to go before I'm a 50 year old ADHD patient. 🤷‍♂️
Let me just put it this way. They never order same beer twice at the bar. And we usually drain 4 to 5 pints each.

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
One....which is a great story....if you know the guy. Here is a quick explanation.
Years ago a mom and her two young sons moved here to the boonies from the tough streets of South Buffalo. We are 90 miles South of Buffalo on the PA border.
Ok, this sounds like a movie, but it's real life.
The boys dad was in prison for murder, one uncle was shot dead, and the boys were on their way to that lifestyle.
When they got settled here they started going to my parents church. The older kid was 17 and needed a job. I happened to be looking for someone to help around the farm. My dad invited the kid to my house to check it out. He was very quiet and reserved but said, "ok".
From the hoods of Buffalo to the farmland of rural America was a huge change, but after a month, he loved it.
He was a bit uncomfortable at first, but ended up loving the lifestyle and stayed on.....forever.....hes here now.
That was 11 years ago. :)
I introduced him to farming, horses, fixing cars, hunting, firearms, nature....and.....pipe smoking.
It has to be odd pulling into our farm or another local place and see him and I with a few Amish dudes puffing on pipes. There really is no way around it, the black Amish guy really turns heads. :)
He is now married and lives close by on a 25 acre plot of land.

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
One....which is a great story....if you know the guy. Here is a quick explanation.
Years ago a mom and her two young sons moved here to the boonies from the tough streets of South Buffalo. We are 90 miles South of Buffalo on the PA border.
The boys dad was in prison for murder, one uncle was shot dead, and the boys were on their way to that lifestyle.
When they got settled here they started going to my parents church. The older kid was 17 and needed a job. I happened to be looking for someone to help around the farm. My dad invited the kid to my house to check it out. He was very quiet and reserved but said, "ok".
From the hoods of Buffalo to the farmland of rural America was a huge change, but after a month, he loved it.
He was a bit uncomfortable at first, but ended up loving the lifestyle and stayed on.....forever.....hes here now.
I introduced him to farming, horses, fixing cars, hunting, firearms, nature....and.....pipe smoking.
It has to be odd pulling into our farm or another local place and see him and I with a few Amish dudes puffing on pipes. There really is no way around it, the black Amish guy really turns heads. :)
Man, that is a good story. Sounds like a book.

If you could come up with a few more drama points and a robbery or something and you'd have the makings of a good mini-series................ :ROFLMAO:

Tell 'em you want Brad Pitt to play you......

jbfrady

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2023
South Carolina
The Black Amishman sounds like an epic of modern film that should be directed by both Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino. Naturally, this means it'd fail apart from the get-go, but the effort should be made nonetheless.

Reactions: bullet08