PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I feel like this falls under the same umbrella as a thought experiment. More about demonstrating preparedness in unexpected situations. You know and using one which also can have real life parallels you know like hard to buy food and stuffs..... When zombies are around or when you're in the middle of a country that's experiencing total collapse....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I knew there was some reason I never used My Space, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and so on. I feel so badly for people who are outdoors walking along staring at a phone. There are birds and weather and creatures, and they're staring at a screen.

At least people have mostly learned basic phone manners. Remember when cell phones were new, people would strut up and down the sidewalk loudly discussing their business and personal life, or sit down next to you in an airport waiting area and doing likewise. I never did that. What were they thinking?

No selfies. I used to enjoy celluloid photography, the heft of the camera, the cluck of the shutter, the smell of the film, that wait to see the photos. Now people have 8,000 photos in their phones they never look at again. It killed the magic for me.

Reactions: JOHN72 and scloyd

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Well, here’s a nominee for the dumbest thread ever.
Or not.
Zombies?
Yes.
No.