PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Just lit this one up. Currently ive been smoking mostly 1792, but this reminds me of Bosun. I do love the Lakeland, does anyone see any difference between Conniston and Bosun?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Yup. I find them to be similar but conversely related. They seem like two sides of the same coin, but noticeably distinct. Not sure if my meaning is clear, but that's the best I can do. I enjoy them both.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
I think CCP and BCP are made of different constituent tobaccos with different toppings. I believe they go through the same process while being made into flake and this may cause them to seem similar to you. If you like CCP you might try G & H number 7 broken flake. It goes through the same processing as CCP, has the same casing/toppings, and is the same tobaccos. The difference is that the tobacco mix ratio (dark fired Kentucky/virginia) is inverted/reversed from CCP. I love all three but sometimes CCP is a bit high in nicotine.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Agree with retrogrouch that the No. 7 is sublime. It is indeed milder than CCP, with a light vanilla topping that in no way takes away from the base tobaccos. There is just enough dark fired in there to keep things interesting without overwhelming one with nicotine. If this were porridge, it would fall into that “just right” category.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hmmm I don’t think Broken Flake No. 7 has the same topping as CCP at all. Tastes very different to me. I agree with the OP however that BCP & CCP are very similar but CCP is a bit more stout and full bodied.

retrogrouch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 16, 2017
Hawky, you are probably right. I should have said that CCP and No. 7 taste like they have same topping to me.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I don't think I have tried Conniption Cut Plug probably since I am such an old curmudgeon I prefer to cut my own plug although I am intrigued to give it a go so I shall order some. Does it have my favorite Rose Geranium topping?

Status
Not open for further replies.