PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
After reading various other mark twain quotes on the forum I felt the impulse to see if I could find anything else from him regarding tobacco use. Following is a url to a piece that he wrote concerning quality and brand of tobacco. I found it to be a great read.
http://www.online-literature.com/wilde/1315/

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
That is funny, my mom used to do that to my brother concerning Mac and Cheese, he wouldn't eat anything but Kraft, so she would give him generic and put the Kraft box out on the counter, he of course at it all and even said see this is way better than Generic.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
saupload_can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
lol @baron...I really liked the article and I agree with most of what was said too

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
One of my Heroes, Mr. Clemens. I am sure that there is much truth to it, as I cannot identify the tobaccos that I enjoy without the label, though at times I open a tin of something new to me and discover it tastes like something I have already had. Tonight, I opened a container of Distinguished Gentleman; reminds me of Tinderbox 1928 Special Reserve. Could I pick it out in a blind taste test? Probably not.

Cigars are another bailiwick as well, as I enjoy CAO Italia's, Blue Helix, and Punch Puros. Would I be able to pick em out without the label? Who knows.

Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.