PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Just thought I'd share.
One was from a UPS delivery man who, while dropping off a package on my front porch, caught a whiff of my pipe and commented "love the smell of that pipe!"
And the other was while I was visiting my folks in DE, a GE repairman was leaving while I was enjoying a smoke on the porch and said "Do I smell a pipe? That's great - love the smell".
:puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
What were you smoking?
Newminster's Danish Black. I will add it is one of my favs, has a nice nic kick and pairs perfectly with coffee.
My wife has never complimented me on any of my aromatics
I see this a lot from various forum members. I have to wonder if it's more of a philosophical bias against smoking rather than a genuine dislike of the smell.
I should mention that my wife also complains about my pipe smoke - but has on rare occasion complimented one or two. But in her defense, she is hyper-sensitive to smoke in general.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
I've had a few pleasant comments on the aroma of my pipe. I actually converted a coworker from cigars to pipes because he liked the smell. He has a dozen pipes already in the short six months or so of the new hobby. I predict we may have a future forum member. For now, he is content with asking me 100 questions every time we work together.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've had a few pleasant comments on the aroma of my pipe. I actually converted a coworker from cigars to pipes because he liked the smell. He has a dozen pipes already in the short six months or so of the new hobby.
That's awesome!
For now, he is content with asking me 100 questions every time we work together.
lol!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of the cigarette ads from long ago, maybe the 1930's, had a woman saying to a man smoking,

"Blow a little smoke my way."

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
What were you smoking? My wife has never complimented me on any of my aromatics!
YMMV, but my wife has made positive noises about Lanes' 1Q, Sutliff's Molto Dolce, and even Prince Albert. Most of the time, though, I go through my entire 'decontamination' ritual before attempting a smooch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.