Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkleyoda

Preferred Member
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Well, with today's mail call, I was able to complete my Twain collection. When I got my first Mark Twain Peterson, I knew i had to have all the finishes that they offered the bent pipes in. The pokers are just a bonus, I have no plans to search for those.
So here it is:

2 smooth boxed (1 unsmoked)

Blasted

Rusticated

Gold mounted

Ebony (I had a fishtail stem made for this, it fits the ebony, rusticated and green bent pipes)

Rusticated set (unsmoked)

Green set (1 of 3 sets in existence, unsmoked)

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
:clap: Now THAT is a nice collection of Petes! Well done! I'm honestly a bit jealous :clap: Enjoy the heck out them!

irishearl

Preferred Member
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Lovely to see. Am with Anthony in the jealousy department as I had lusted after a MT for years and hadn't snagged one.

wyfbane

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2013
Washington
Congrats on achieving a collecting goal. I know how rewarding those can be. Those are lovely pipes!

didache

Feb 11, 2017
London, England
It's a great collection. I have the rusticated pair in my own collection - although, in contrast to the OP, I much prefer the poker shape (which in this case is meant to be reminiscent of a corncob a la Huck Finn).
Mike

tennsmoker

Preferred Member
Jul 2, 2010
I have the one MT in your top left box. That's it. I lust after the others.

Great job!

lawdawg

Preferred Member
Aug 25, 2016
Very nice. I just got a Peterson 87 Christmas Pipe (2018) and I really like it. It would be nice to see all your Peterson Mark Twain shapes together on a nice pipe rack. That would be quite the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.