PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I see Smoking Pipes and Pipes and Cigars both have the 182, saddle stem billiard. Pipes and Cigars call it a Blue Riband and Smoking Pipes just call it Riband. They're about the same price. I assume they're the same, right?
Lastly, does anyone have an opinion on the quality vs price ($145 - $155) of these pipes? I'm liking the style and the vulcanite stem.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Taking a second look at each site and Pipes and Cigars "Blue Riband" says acrylic stem. Smoking Pipes Riband is vulcanite.

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
I was also curious and got a new Riband bent. I‘m a great fan of the old Comoy‘s. The new one has very little in common with the old pipes, except name. The shape of the button is best described as scandalous. The pipe was totally bitter one the first bowl, and still did not taste particularly good on the second bowl. I‘m happy to give this away as a present if somebody wants to pay the post from the UK.
Mark

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The pipes are photogenic but I haven't read any out-and-out affirmative accounts on the new Comoys.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
One of the "treats" with an old Comoy is the stem...the thinness of the stem at the button was the key...that and the fact that if it had a "C" on it it was without fill. So...the new Comoy...not so much fun. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.