PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I just received my order from Pipe Maker's Emporium. 2 pre-drilled briar blocks, 1 non-drilled block and the assortment of leather dyes. And, Arthur, you were right, they have some of the best service. Placed my order on Sunday, late night, and received my package today.
That's right, I'm about to venture into making my first pipes. Hopefully they come out as well as they look in my head. Unfortunate part of it is that now that I'm working full-time, I don't have much time on my hands to carve them out. But we'll see how fast it goes.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Go gentle,lol,I assed up the straight pipe I ordered.The bent is coming along quite well.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Yep, PME is a great place. I made a trip out to Phoenix a few years ago and was able to visit. They were very easy and helpful to deal with.
Boot, good luck on your venture. Making pipes is a lot of fun and when your done, you have something to smoke that you made yourself. :)

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I decided to go ahead and give y'all pics of the process as I go along finding the pipe inside. The pics below are day one, Today 8/20/11. I've been working with my pipe retort a bit as well today and seems like some pipes that I wasn't sure if they could be resurrected will soon be smoke-able companions once again. Pics of those coming soon.
6064098246_b8f863ba67.jpg

In the corner cutout there is a pit that seems rather large. I'm having to work around it a bit and I can only hope there aren't further flaws as I cut away.

6064094464_a936cb73f1.jpg

6063544471_c5c4371c3a.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Looking good ! I like how you're concentrating on the shape, keeping it all aligned. Keep refining it and you will have a great pipe there.

Looking forward to some more updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.