PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
My committee had a decrepit Spanish Princess, an 80 year old pervert, a Greek man that I could never understand who spent all day making foot stools in his office, a couple of professional assholes, and a woman who published books about why no one liked her hairy pussy... I kid you not, ha ha.
"Professional assholes"? You mean I could get paid for that?

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
There were copper pipes found in Egyptian tombs, but what they were smoking only God knows. Most of the first know pipe smokers were native Americans with the rustica varietal, herbs and again gods knows what. Modern tobacco as we know it came from Virginia tobacco grown in the original colonies by John Rofle. I'm prob wrong though so Welcome.
I was visiting last sunday my town archaeological museum and was stunned to see a roman mosaic depicting a guy smoking a pipe. 2nd century AD. The whole mosaic represents a Bachus festival, so I guess opium is very possibly what was smoked.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Welcome from Olympia, WA!

Here are a couple of resources you might be interested in.

The first is a survey taken a while back about the demographics of pipe smokers. I'm not sure how scientific this was, but here's the link:

The second resource is recommend is the film "Father The Flame," which is available on Amazon Prime. Very well done, in my opinion!

Good luck with the project!

ADDENDUM: Here's the link to the survey results:

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
Hey all, I'm frogdonovan. I've been a pipe smoker for about five years now. At my current stage in life, I'm going to college full time to get a degree in English Writing. Where I am right now, I don't smoke super often--I live in an apartment with no backyard or porch, and sometimes I find myself too lazy to go outside in one of our Montana April Snowstorms. When I do, however, my favorite tobaccos have always been McClellands, specifically Frog Morton, of which I have a preciously limited supply. Recently I've also been enjoying Comoy's Cask No. 7, as well as some of the Deadwood Cigars.

I joined this forum out of curiosity and to have some great conversation! In addition, I'm looking to conduct a bit of ethnographic research on pipe smokers for an anthropology project. If any of you have some advice for where I should post a thread on that topic, I'm looking forward to getting some of your experiences with pipe smoking!
Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.