PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwood

Lurker
Oct 18, 2019
I have a 50+ year Colibri lighter in very good condition. I have taken it apart by removing and replacing the pressure value and the adjustment valve. The problem is when I try to refill with butane, it does not fill.

The removed adjustment valve appears that the chamber is clear to from top to bottom. I was able to blow through and the air does go all the way through.

The O rings on are all soft and not broken.

The fill removed fill valve I can see the the plunger on the bottom of the valve does go in an out on the end of the valve so guessing can purge if there was something to purge-the fuel membrane inside the lighter looks fine.

When I put butane in the removed valve, it does not do anything and you would think that the fuel would go straight through.

My only guess is that the fill valve is somehow plugged, but I can not see any way to unplug it. I thought I could put it in solvent, but I am not sure want solvent would be correct to use. I also thought there may be small holes that are plugged and maybe a pin would dislodge what ever is plugging the fill valve, but I cannot see where to stick the pin.

I would love to get any advice. I can send photos if needed.

Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.