PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Good Morning everyone, Happy 2014! It's been a cold start to 2014. We ran out of propane yesterday. Me not being attentive over the holidays. So looks like it's going to be a cold day and night tomorrow. Mother natures a b$tch too its -27c out today.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks Rockyisland we have a woodstove but pretty much depleted that when the power was out before Christmas so it's blankets and space heaters till tomorrow. Then I'm changing propane suppliers these idiots have a 5 day delivery.

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks man, more fuel to the fire to come back to the city. I am getting to old for this BS Happy New Years!

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
In 1987, Jacksonville FL was brought to it's knees by 1/2" of snow, covering ice, on all the roads and bridges. It was down to the teens in temperature. I also ran out of heating oil that night. I woke up and screamed when my feet hit the hardwood floors. Then I found ice in the toilet.
Piper112, If it is dangerous, find a motel, or stay with a friend. Ask around for wood and someone might have some. Don't let an inconvenience turn into a disaster.
Winton

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks Winton I think we'll be ok, we have a bush full of tree's if it becomes desperate and I have a good chainsaw. Really just miffed at the attitude of the propane company right now. Five days in the wintertime i think is unreasonable. Can't tell me everyone on their list is out. It's like it's punishment for forgetting to check. Thanks for the support guys, just needed to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.