PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I am a very coffee lover. And it helps me because I have low blood pressure. Strong black coffee, without sugar or sweeteners, that is, clean cut and without anesthesia. I remember when I was working as a truck driver, a Belgian friend of mine was a waiter, an employee of the hotel I used to go to for dinner. This waiter used to tell me: And for John, a rich coffee syrup, that was real oil, coffee as thick as burnt truck oil. Then on the road, I would get short circuits in my brain, due to blood pressure spikes, almorranas or piles, would sing at night, like frogs in a pond, at dusk.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I am a very coffee lover. And it helps me because I have low blood pressure. Strong black coffee, without sugar or sweeteners, that is, clean cut and without anesthesia. I remember when I was working as a truck driver, a Belgian friend of mine was a waiter, an employee of the hotel I used to go to for dinner. This waiter used to tell me: And for John, a rich coffee syrup, that was real oil, coffee as thick as burnt truck oil. Then on the road, I would get short circuits in my brain, due to blood pressure spikes, almorranas or piles, would sing at night, like frogs in a pond, at dusk.
My man, you are a true wordsmith with a silver tounge. The words drip from your pen like a morning dew onto a budding flower in the Spring and read like a nightingale's song at first dawn.

I am being sincere and enjoy your phrasing. And for those who doubt or disagree, I have a fresh cauliflower.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
My man, you are a true wordsmith with a silver tounge. The words drip from your pen like a morning dew onto a budding flower in the Spring and read like a nightingale's song at first dawn.

I am being sincere and enjoy your phrasing. And for those who doubt or disagree, I have a fresh cauliflower.
Well, I try to correct something, but you know, we have a limited time, a few minutes, and then the comment or narrative, remains for eternity. Damn it, for all eternity, this can't be deleted anymore, and I have hundreds of narratives.IMG_3580[2576].jpg

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
We have a good coffee roaster around here who has all kinds of beans from all over. We also have a very good grocery store chain here (Wegman's) that has a house blend that costs about a third of the roaster's price. I can't really tell the difference, at least not in a way that matters. I take the latter black, and have done so for decades.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Well, I try to correct something, but you know, we have a limited time, a few minutes, and then the comment or narrative, remains for eternity. Damn it, for all eternity, this can't be deleted anymore, and I have hundreds of narratives.View attachment 183666
I understand the language barrier (I only know "kitchen" Spanish, a bastardized version of the language used to get by in my prior life as a line cook) and your translator program does a decent job.

While you have 10 minutes o edit posts, I enjoy your stream of consciousness approach, analogies, and phrasing. Please don't change a thing.

You are my favorite poster as your posts are both poetic and comedy gold (in a good way). And please know that I am in now way poking fun.

Fleiz Navidad (or as I used to joke in the kitchen, Felix Nevada). May your smoke be heavy and your worries light.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I understand the language barrier (I only know "kitchen" Spanish, a bastardized version of the language used to get by in my prior life as a line cook) and your translator program does a decent job.

While you have 10 minutes o edit posts, I enjoy your stream of consciousness approach, analogies, and phrasing. Please don't change a thing.

You are my favorite poster as your posts are both poetic and comedy gold (in a good way). And please know that I am in now way poking fun.

Fleiz Navidad (or as I used to joke in the kitchen, Felix Nevada). May your smoke be heavy and your worries light.
Thank you my friend. Well, I'm glad it makes you and this circle of forum friends laugh. Hey, I liked that Felix Nevada thing, hahahahahahahahaha. I have deleted all social networking, yes, years ago, and I can say, I am proud to be on this great forum of brother smokers. Thanks to this forum, I have recovered many good things, sadness gave me hard blows years ago. I imagine that I am not the only one here. I can honestly say that you are my family. And may God protect and bless you always.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The only coffee I drink is a variety of roasts from Alana's Coffee, headquartered in the Mar Vista neighborhood of Los Angeles. Online orders of three pounds or more (whole bean or pre-ground; I get whole bean exclusively) get shipped for free which, for where I live, is absolutely essential. Looking past the hyperliberal ethic of the establishment is equally essential--it's damn good coffee, and not debased one iota by such trivialities.

I only drink light roasts, as anything darker than that will turn my digestive system into...well, suffice to say, I'll leave that to your imagination. I take mine as Winston Wolfe does, although you'd never catch me wearing a tuxedo at 8:30am, unless there was a VERY good reason for it... 😎

Currently drinking the Mexican origin blend, "Chiapas."

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I subscribe to Trade Coffee and get a new blend delivered to my doorstep every 10 days or so. They supposedly pick out coffees based on my profile and reviews of previous blends. I typically really like most of what they send me. But what I really like is the variety. It keeps me from going "taste blind" to a particular blend.

Unlike mot of you, I do take it with a packet of Truvia and the smallest splash of 1% milk.

jwesthurl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2022
St. Louis
My favorite is Café Du Monde from New Orleans. It has been made the same way since 1862 and has Chicory in it. It is strong the way I make it. 5 big table spoons for a pot. I use some half and half heated to 29 seconds and I put in 5 spoon fulls of Stevia.
I like it strong and sweet and have been drinking it like this for well over a decade.

I use to be a bean geek, with french press, Bodum vacuum press, fancy machine. I ended up back on my DuMonde and been there ever since. If you have any taste for coffee, give it a try.
Sounds like you’d be a fan of Vietnamese coffee, ca phe sua da.
Have you had one?