PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PoplarWight

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2022
Trapped in the root ball, Alabama
With the (relative) success of the Match blends for discontinued Middleton (Walnut, Kentucky Club) and the blends HoW had picked up (Field and Stream, Revelation, Barking Dog, Country Doctor, etc.), will we ever see someone else pick up these labels and actually use them? I feel like there is a market for them, even if it isn't in a drugstore.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Going off track I know, but how does one acquire a trademark for an extinct (or dormant?) blend? And is it costly?

Start Here:

PoplarWight

Might Stick Around
Feb 13, 2022
Trapped in the root ball, Alabama
Then you need codgers. That smoke. Both in decline.
It's more that they are good blends in their own right (at least the matches are, can't attest to the OG blends).
I find myself reaching for the Match Walnut over my more expensive blends often, it ticks all the boxes. Just makes me wonder why blenders are cranking out 10 slightly different English blends instead of just resurrecting one dialed in classic.

I guess Lane did try to do this with Edgeworth/Lane Limited Ready Rubbed to an extent, but still.

f4phantomdriver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 23, 2019
Wonder how Sutliffs got the rights to Edward G. Robinson. Didn't Jiminks help with saving that blend? I think a company called "Winther" or Winter first made EGR. I will admit, EGR mixed with Barking Dog match is just sublime! I read that this was Shelby Foote's blend after he stopped using H&H.