Codger Gold!! C&D Three Friars: Opinions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tobacco Treasures Ad

Urban Briar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
I am going to have to revisit this, I have a jar sitting. My first impression was a little hot, but perhaps its time alone has calmed it down a bit.

Reactions: edger

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Personally, I love it! I have pounds and pounds of this put away. I smoke this at least twice a day, most days more than that. I'm not sure why but when I can't decide what I want to smoke, more often than not I reach for this. Definitely in my top five.
Somehow I knew you'd respond! This blend "seems" to fall under the radar, but it does seem to have quiet support. Thanks for posting!

• Love
Reactions: seanv and RobNYC

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Somehow I knew you'd respond! This blend "seems" to fall under the radar, but it does seem to have quiet support. Thanks for posting!
I couldn't resist. I agree, it does seem to fall under the radar yet be fairly well liked. I was hooked from about my third bowl on. It seems to fit almost any situation and satisfies every time. I really love this stuff.

Bamfdor

Lurker
Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
I am not sure I have smoked enough of it to qualify, but I will say it's about a 5/10 on my scale. Middle of the road blend and taste for me. I have some jarred and will revisit again soon.

Reactions: seanv and edger

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I am not sure I have smoked enough of it to qualify, but I will say it's about a 5/10 on my scale. Middle of the road blend and taste for me. I have some jarred and will revisit again soon.
It tool 6 months in a jar for me to enjoy it when I first tried it. It's still a top 5 maybe a top 3 for me

Reactions: edger

LOREN

Can't Leave
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
Also, I know we talk about this as being Haunted Bookshop Jr., but I think it's actually Virginia Gentleman with Perique added. Or at least, it's similar enough that if Three Friars went out of production (heaven forbid), I would try to recreate it with this as a starting point.
TR states Virginia Gentleman has Turkish which Three Friars doesn’t have. Adding perique to Virginia Gentleman may not make them similar enough.