PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
@alaskanpiper knows about some Old Dominion cob that's a monster. The problem is that it also seems to be kinda fragile. I guess the stem is garbage and he tried to have it re-stemmed, only to find out it grenaded in the lathe. Regardless, if you're willing to try it as manufactured, I think it was the widest bowl he could find on a cob.
Yeah the Old Dominion Richmond had nearly a 1 inch diameter. They were great flake burners, but came with those suck ass reed stems. Not sure if they make them anymore.

In the MM regular lineup I like the morgans for a wider chamber

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think the MM cob chamber diameters vary with the cob crops. Some year bigger cobs give bigger chambers and diameters, and others they are smaller. The pipes sold as special editions with acrylic stems for about $26 seem to me to be a little bigger in general, as if they were selected for that, but it may just be that I've bought those in big-cob years.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I think the MM cob chamber diameters vary with the cob crops. Some year bigger cobs give bigger chambers and diameters, and others they are smaller. The pipes sold as special editions with acrylic stems for about $26 seem to me to be a little bigger in general, as if they were selected for that, but it may just be that I've bought those in big-cob years.
I’ll just say that the mid ‘70’s freehand I found is a better pipe than the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.