PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Just got a cob cigar from Aristocob. Does anyone else have experience with one of these ? Smokes well, but the tobacco has a bit different taste than a regular pipe(cobs included). Might have ta find a blend it likes. Bowl dimensions are .5x2.25 so flakes might be tough unrubbed. Oh well just breaking it in.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This was some information passed along to me from the good folks at MM when I got one several months ago.
Hi Duane!

Phil said that you should use a fine tobacco in the Cob Cigar. A chunky tobacco just won’t work well. When you pack the Cob Cigar, you should put the tobacco in loosely in the bottom, fill it up and pack down the top just like a regular pipe. You will need to tilt it up and twirl it while you light it to get it evenly lit. Then, just like a regular pipe, tamp it down and light it again. A little beeswax on the tenon of the mouthpiece before you start smoking it will make it easier to remove the bit when you want to. The draft hole in the chamber is very small, so it might plug up on you. It can easily be cleared with a piece of wire.
Thanks again for your order! Enjoy!
Marilyn

Missouri Meerschaum Co.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have one and smoked it once. I bought it more as an interesting piece than a serious smoker. I am tempted to try a flake in it to see how that works.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Smoked mine several times now. Believe I got it broken in now. One thing I like is I can smoke it lying on the couch with no problems. I think I like this thing !

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'd never heard of these afore reading this thread. I looked them up and was immediately reminded of my Maltese 'Zeppelin' pipe...interesting to look at but likely fiendishly difficult to smoke.
Regards,
Jay.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Smokes real easy Jay. I like to clean mine and let it air out between smokes.For $20 it's a good short smoker although it takes some practice to load being that the chamber is .5x2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.