PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
This is the kind of thing that makes the Biblical description of Genesis practically plausible.
Of course people can imagine any number of explanations, but the world as it exists today doesn't discount the written accounts.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is the kind of thing that makes the Biblical description of Genesis practically plausible.
Of course people can imagine any number of explanations, but the world as it exists today doesn't discount the written accounts.
there are so many times that the oral record got discounted and then evidence was found that it was true. So who knows really. For example the statues on Easter Island the locals said the statues walked there, then they found out that if you tie a rope to them you can literally walk the statues in a way. Or I forget the island they found gnome sized sapiens after dismissing the locals who said that humans and little people lived on the island.

Reactions: BROBS

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Funny, when I was at McMurdo Station Antarctica in Jan. 1974, one of the scientist gave us a briefing saying that the continent probably had forest and was habitable at one time.

Reactions: BROBS

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
It just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when people go poking around and discover all kinds of things that are hidden for ages under ice. A bit like an exotic animal petting zoo in Wuhan. Lots to discover.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Fascinating. The analysis on this is based on the premise that the whole world was much warmer and Co2 kept the poles warm. Since the professionals are positing this, that may be the strongest bet. Before I read this article, but had heard BBC reports, I wondered if the axis of the earth had changed. Offhand, that's preposterous, but science often unearths outlandish surprises. For now, I'll go with experts, if suspiciously.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I wondered if the axis of the earth had changed.
Well, the axis is not fixed: it changes. Pole reversals have also happened.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Now someones going to screw around looking for plants in Antarctica and what's going to be found? Shuggoths. And when they get active, you get You Sothoth messing around

Reactions: blues4goose
Status
Not open for further replies.