PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I seem to collect pipe related clutter, so my bride says......

Jars, jars, boxes of jars, stacks of tins, baggies, more jars, Priority Mail boxes, pipe cleaners of every sort, Red Solo cups, coffee cups, tampers, egg crates, jars with indiscernible fluids, jars with discernible fluids, boxes of tins, empty tins, nails, pipe rests, lighters, Bics, sandpaper, Renaissance Wax, Obsidian, more pipe cleaners, more jars.

I just lost my pipe nail through the decking. No problem, luckily I keep my feathers numbered for such an occasion.
VolhfKD.jpg

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It's part of the fun to have the clutter. I keep two old cigar boxes filling the same clutter you mentioned

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm afraid clutter is my life. I need to somehow sweetly intimate to my significant other that if we keep getting items in boxes on the porch, we have to also have a similar outflow to Goodwill and the church flea market. If you can't find it you may as well not own it. But then, I don't provide much of an example.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
There is a method to the madness in my house. There is always a little organizing and cleaning to be done but for the most part the clutter is kept where it belongs, usually within arms reach of where I need it haha! I'm no fan of sterile and vacant feeling living spaces. It doesn't feel like home without all my crap tucked everywhere. With that said I am capable of throwing some stuff out when it has outlived its usefulness. Just not pipe related things, might need those one day.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I am a writer, so I love clutter.

Besides, clutter saves filing cabinets for something important.

And clutter keeps my stuff so that I know right where everything is: that pile over there, the pile there, or the stack here on the arm of the chair.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just threw out a 'collection' of empty match boxes. I have underwear from 40 yrs ago. I know clutter. I cleared off my kitchen table for the first time in years this week. I took it all the way down to bare wood.

It made me feel better, actually, to know that that pile of indiscriminate 'stuff' would not be forming my 'center piece'.

I've got lots more clutter to work on before I have New Year's guests arriving for a stay.

I don't always feel 'motivated' to do organizing and cleaning. I cut myself a lot of slack, and live by the "if it still works don't replace it", 'theory'. I keep things just in case I might find a use for them sometime.

sometime. there's a word for ya.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I don't mind a little clutter. My desk is cluttered, the shelves in our closets are cluttered and so is my workbench. I don't like cluttered tables or kitchen counters.

Status
Not open for further replies.