PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
I've got a Peterson Christmas 2019 pipe that I adore. It's shape 999, the Rhodesian. I smoked it about once a week for a few months, kept it clean as best as I could, and somehow it still got clogged right at the bend in the stem. Any way to fix it on my own? I tried a remedy suggested to me on Reddit and it did less than nothing. I loved smoking this pipe, and would love to smoke it again. Thanks!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Now George, if you had a video about clearing a clogged pipe that would be great. Have a Pete 20s where the clog is in the pipe itself somewhere and I've tried all my usual tricks-pipe cleaners, shank brush with and without soaking the inner bowl with hot water or alcohol-to no avail. Even tried a drill bit. Thanks.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Now George, if you had a video about clearing a clogged pipe that would be great. Have a Pete 20s where the clog is in the pipe itself somewhere and I've tried all my usual tricks-pipe cleaners, shank brush with and without soaking the inner bowl with hot water or alcohol-to no avail. Even tried a drill bit. Thanks.
Something's wrong with this picture.

The stummel's airway was created with a drill bit.

Unless some sort of material that isn't easily cut by a drill bit---stone, hardened metal, etc--- found its way into the airway (?!) and is jammed there (???!!!), cutting through the crud shouldn't be a problem.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Hot water and an air compressor worked when the draw got restricted on one of my stems from pipe cleaner fuzz build up when i first started.

Status
Not open for further replies.