PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Prices a little too good to pass up for me.

5 x Murray's 1921 Cunningham @ $5.99/tin
6 x Murray's 1862 Whitehall @ $5.99/tin
6 x RO Series Acadian Gold @ $8.99/tin
6 x RO Series Acadian English @ $8.99/tin

Plus free shipping on orders over $79!

Lots of other stuff too.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Have you tried it? I’ve been tempted.

Yes. Someone sent me a tin and I couldn't put it down.

But, I was too cheap to drop $15 on a tin. Virginia prepared in a perique fashion. Very bready and tangy. Definitely "it's own thing" in the flavor department.

I grabbed 8 tins as soon as I saw them on the clearance list.

Edit: @SpookedPiper I'm still showing it in stock.

1599691257349.jpeg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yes. Someone sent me a tin and I couldn't put it down.

But, I was too cheap to drop $15 on a tin. Virginia prepared in a perique fashion. Very bready and tangy. Definitely "it's own thing" in the flavor department.

I grabbed 8 tins as soon as I saw them on the clearance list.

Edit: @SpookedPiper I'm still showing it in stock.

View attachment 42310
I wonder if he’s not looking in the clearance section?

good I’m glad I got 10. If it’s like the other RO blends I’ve tried it will be excellent.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Wasn’t the normal price on the Acadian Gold $19.99?
Yeah, I think so. I bought some tins a few years back at discount. It's an interesting blend and I figured that I'd wait a few years before breaking out another tin. I also took advantage of the opportunity to pick some up in tubs from Mark Ryan as part of the Blender's Bench offerings he had at the time. I figured that it would make for an interesting blending tobacco if I still didn't much care for it on its own.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yeah, I think so. I bought some tins a few years back at discount. It's an interesting blend and I figured that I'd wait a few years before breaking out another tin. I also took advantage of the opportunity to pick some up in tubs from Mark Ryan as part of the Blender's Bench offerings he had at the time. I figured that it would make for an interesting blending tobacco if I still didn't much care for it on its own.
I’m quite curious to try it. I was blown away by a tin of Acadian VaPer that @logs sent me and sad to see it was no longer offered. Figured for the price / discount I’d grab a bunch lest I regret it.

I believe it was $19.99 because I waffled about trying it a few times but didn’t... figuring I could get a lot more tobacco for that money.

Reactions: sablebrush52

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Good sale. Got some Acadian gold as well, I've always been interested, but not at that redicoulus normal price. Also another tin of HH Rustica, which they had in stock and I only grabbed one during the initial blitz.

I'm banishing them to a sentence of aging in the cellar like everything else.

Reactions: BROBS

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Seeing this thread I was put in the curious position of an ex-smoker who yet had a powerful yen for Acadian Gold. Believe it or not I tried to order 2 tins, but at the last second, my bank declined to pay the transaction. Had they i would have added them to the small cache of tobacco I've saved in case I started smoking again.

You see, I've been through this before. in 2012 I started smoking again, and as a result I haven't bought pipe or tobacco since 2018. But the only way to control addiction is total abstinence. So those 2 tins would have been squirreled away never to be smoked. I would like that, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.