PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

MilesDavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 16, 2022
First, let's get the important stuff out of the way: Miles Davis is a GOD!

Oh, and the pipe looks great! puffy
Thank you! The "real" Miles Davis--well, he was kinda special. Me? Just a retired hobbyist who foolishly spends too much time and money on pipes. Thank you for the compliment.

MilesDavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 16, 2022
I will say I've never heard of them till you came around. Some good looking pipes!
Thank you. Here's a picture of the one that got me started, a Barontini Gran Duc #702. It was my first "fancy" pipe after a bunch Dr. Grabows, Medicos, and other unknown brands. I'm not usually attracted to pipes fancier than this. I like a simple, well-made pipes made of attractive briar, like Barontinis of this era.

20220817_220533841_iOS.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Can I ask where you find your Barontini's for restoration unless its a secret ? I would like to eventually get a large bowl poker or sitter if they made one. I have tried ebay and etsy to no avail.

MilesDavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 16, 2022
Can I ask where you find your Barontini's for restoration unless its a secret ? I would like to eventually get a large bowl poker or sitter if they made one. I have tried ebay and etsy to no avail.
Most of my Barontinis came from eBay vendors. There are a number of pipes currently available there, but their asking price is a little steep. I purchased a Barontini "Lite" recently. It's tiny. Stay away from them! Of my collection, none is a sitter, and I don't recall seeing one.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Most of my Barontinis came from eBay vendors. There are a number of pipes currently available there, but their asking price is a little steep. I purchased a Barontini "Lite" recently. It's tiny. Stay away from them! Of my collection, none is a sitter, and I don't recall seeing one.
I've only ever seen one that wasn't really a sitter ... it was an egg or billiard with a flat spot on bottom. But ... I live in hope. I prefer the ones with thick walls...the thin walled ones get very hot. Best wishes for continued success ... you really do a great job.

MilesDavis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 16, 2022
I've only ever seen one that wasn't really a sitter ... it was an egg or billiard with a flat spot on bottom. But ... I live in hope. I prefer the ones with thick walls...the thin walled ones get very hot. Best wishes for continued success ... you really do a great job.
Thank you.

nolan613

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 21, 2019
Augusta, GA
Thank you. Here's a picture of the one that got me started, a Barontini Gran Duc #702. It was my first "fancy" pipe after a bunch Dr. Grabows, Medicos, and other unknown brands. I'm not usually attracted to pipes fancier than this. I like a simple, well-made pipes made of attractive briar, like Barontinis of this era.

View attachment 163420
Beautiful pipe and great reviving a tired pipe. Now you've got me wanting to try one...