PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Hey all!
Just wondering are there other alternatives to use to clean your pipes besides alcohol? Sometimes I may not have it on had and I try not to let my pipes go too long without cleaning them after a few smokes.
Thanks Fam!

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Where in the world are you going that you can't pick up a bottle of 90%+ isopropyl alcohol from a grocery store in a pinch?
Iso and drinkable alcohol are all I use. Some sponsors sell a bottle of green pipe sweetener stuff as well.
Alcohol needs to be the main ingredient because it needs to evaporate fast and disinfect.
Having a tough time thinking of anything else that's acceptable.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Isopropanol would be another alternative to alcohol. Just be careful not to get any on the outside of the bowl.
Question for you, why do you need to clean you pipe so throughly after a couple of smokes? This is something I have never done, just a couple pipe cleaner after the smoke and I'm done. Does it make that big of a difference when smoking?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Some of us just like to run an alcohol soaked cleaner through the stem before we put the stem we slobbered on a few days ago back into our mouths. lol
Not necessarily cleaning the shank but all of the mouthpiece and inside the stem just before the shank.
Call me crazy. :puffy:

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Where in the world are you going that you can't pick up a bottle of 90%+ isopropyl alcohol from a grocery store in a pinch?
It was a general question because I know alcohol is the best, but wanted to know if anyone uses something different that we may not know about. Just in case. That's all.

Dec 24, 2012
I use urine extracted from the bladder of Fugu fish that I personally raise in a special aquarium. Works for me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Fugu fish? Mike & Mike were talking about a sports enhancement using wolf urine and they wondered which lucky guy gets that job....

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I don't drink but I purchased a bottle of Everclear for home cleaning.
Sometimes for work I am gone days or weeks on end. So I don't have to carry an open container or make a special trip to the liqueur store I keep a bottle of the stuff people scoff at in my pipe travel bag.
pipes-cigars-tobacco_2268_71513629

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Some of us just like to run an alcohol soaked cleaner through the stem before we put the stem we slobbered on a few days ago back into our mouths.
I use Everclear when I can get it. About every 3-4 bowls I wipe out the bowl with a papertowel dipped in the Everclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.