PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guylesss

Can't Leave
May 13, 2020
Brooklyn, NY
In another life or perhaps a parallel universe, I'll get to own a copy of John Loring's 1500-page, four-volume compilation of what is almost certainly everything pipe-related that Dunhill ever published.

In the meantime, even in this life, one can live in hope-- as remote a possibility as it may be-- to discover some new original Dunhill document of significance unknown to Loring. Or (albeit a pretty distant second best) to occasionally stumble on a really nice original copy of one of Dunhill's lavish early catalogues--which do turn up--even if not at prices that will seem sane to many people, and certainly not to anyone operating on a budget.

But to cut to the chase, yesterday morning quite a nice copy of a circa 1930 catalogue made a brief appearance on eBay, offered at a Buy-it-Now price of $150. It sold fast--despite appearing to be well-thumbed, and the fact that a prior owner cut out an unknown illustration of one of several "pipes for motorists" on page 11. (Were I a contestant on a pipe-related game show, I'd guess a shape 125 bruyere bent with a silver wind screen).

Dunhill cat cover 1930.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Does anyone know if Troy Lloyd is still collecting stuff like this?

Guy needs to connect with him if so.

• Love
Reactions: guylesss
Status
Not open for further replies.