Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't give you a definitive answer, because so many cigars will have notes of cedar from time to time, but none just wreak of cedar that I've ever had. And, even the same stick from the same batch might not hit those notes. I am not an afianado by any means, and I'm not even sure what causes these types of notes. I have gotten some cheaper factory sticks in those cedar wraps, that really didn't seem to hit those cedar notes. So, I am not sure what the best cigars would be to suggest.

You're question is definitely a good one. And, I hope someone can better answer your question.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I have a couple bags of Honduran wrapper leaf, and it's really spicy, notes of black pepper, clove, etc. I don't know if that's what you meant? I honestly am not sure I can't think of any cigars that are like that....

Oh! CAO Amazon Basin... Maybe, depending on what you meant by cedar.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Some come cedar wrapped, humidors sometimes built with cedar inside, but I am not aware of any cigars that taste like cedar.
Don't really think I would personally try one myself.
Best to your search.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I seem to recall some cedar undertones in Romeo y Julieta's 1875 series, but it's been years since I've smoked one since I neither seek out cedary smokes nor that particular line.

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
Honduran Corojo is your best bet, imo. A lot of the CLE, Edgar Hoill, Aladino, I get a lot of cedar notes from just about anything Eiroa had a hand in. The Hoyo de Monterrey Special Seleccion is a good one too, and I also get a good amount from the Tatuaje Black Label. If you can find them, the One Night Stand from Caldwell was a honduran corojo puro that was pretty heavy on the cedar.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Won a box of these when general put them out, probably 10 years ago, smoking them over that time and would say they fit what you are looking for. Chocolate, Cedar, sounds weird, but works;)

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 has a hint of cedar. Its more pronounced in the 1st 3rd of the cigar and starts to recede as the moisture level builds up.

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
Haven't had a cigar in a couple of years but Arturo Fuente Chateau 7X50 was my weakness because of the cedar note that it had. I used to smoke at least one a day for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.