Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/html/store.asp
I stopped by this huge location in Hamburg, PA this morning. Wow, what a huge a lovely store. They had a decent pipe selection and great tin prices ($7/Sasieni, $9/MM965). The smoking lounge,well the whole two story store is a lounge complete with a bar, billiards area and deck.
This one is located beside the monster Cabella's just off I-78.
Dont miss this one if you are in the area.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Interesting but kinda limited tobacco list - no C&D or MacBaren, for example. I bookmarked 'em for comparison shopping later.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Their tobacco pipe guy isnt in yet this morning but I recommended they get C&D and GLP lines. I hope their prices stay this low....
For contrast, they do have a far better pipe section than JR Cigars in Whippany NJ.
I still prefer a smaller B&M but this kind of corporate location is typically lavish, a nice change of pace. The barmaid just served me a nice cup of coffee!

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
Cigars International is wholly owned by Scandinavian Tobacco Group or STG, who also owns General Cigar, Lane Ltd., Stokkebye, Orlik, etc.
http://www.st-group.com/index.php/cigars-international-inc
I've ordered from them online, and have been satisfied. Decent prices, good service and quick shipping. Definitely recommended.
J.R. Cigars is owned by Altadis, USA, of Consolidated Cigar, Tabacalera DeEspana, Seita fame.
Just so ya know.
CACooper

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I agree rotnhn, I expected all cigars and was pleasantly surprised.

I've been in the downtown Bethlehem store (all cigars), but didn't know about the others. I drive by the other Bethlehem store on my way to Wingenroths.

lildutchboy

Lurker
Dec 1, 2012
I'm up at CI now and then as i live nearby. It's a nice place to sit and have a smoke at the bar. A decent selection of pipes to buy and a pipe tobacco mixing station. That's in addition to the tins and pouches they have. They have a very few accessories there if you ask. When i was looking they had 2 pipe tools, one a simple nail, and just two rests. They have a few storage jars, but you have to buy a starters kit to get them. The prices aren't bad though, and there aren't that many commercial places left in PA you can have a smoke and a beer indoors.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I added them to my internet sellers list a short time ago. Liked the pricing I saw. Glad to hear they are good dealing with. Need to check out JR Cigar that cacooper talked about in his post. Good thread, thx!

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
As I said in another thread, they just started a Pipe Guild at this location. The Guild is growing and they want to get a big following. Free to join, Guild discounts, meets 3rd Monday of the month, and next month we're supposed to get Erik Stokkebye.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I've ordered cigars at CI for many years and have always been pleased with their pricing-usually extremely competitive on the brands they carry. The help staff is exemplary.
Their list of pipe tobacco is growing, and as mentioned earlier, they were out of Dunhill Eary morning. It didn't bill until they shipped and it was free shipping on the backorder.
Again, they don't carry everything, but a good backup place for shopping.
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.