PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hey guys im getting ready to order 3, 5 packs of cigars in the $9-$12 dollar range and could use some suggestions. Was thinking of getting some more Padron Original 7000 naturals since they have been a great smoke, and after sitting in my humidor for a couple months even developed some fine crystals on the wrapper. What else would you suggest to get in a 5 pack? I'll eikther buy them as singles or as a 5 pack

Last edited by a moderator:

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
I enjoy Joya Red and Silver, great price point. I agree with danimalia on just about anything Illusione. I haven't been buying cigars in quite some time due to a serious case of the CAD. I don't know that I "need" to ever buy another cigar especially given my current pipe draw. I understand there are some great deals to be had these days and I'm not even looking for them. Good luck in your pursuit.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cigars can be very expensive. If you smoke at the 95% percentile of quality, such as Steve Saka's portfolio, you're now paying $15 per. Say you bought a box of 10, whatever the your rate of consumption, that's $150; the same at $10 per, that's $100. Then if you go through that box in a month and bring those totals to a year, that's $1500 for the former or $1000 for the latter. Can you really afford that? If we throttle back and consider the My Father My Father Toro, the cost is $10, whose cost adds up, as above.

Also, I saw the Don Pepin Regular (Blue) in two lists. I always loved this cigar and feel that My Father under prices it to get attention to the rest of their line, such as My Father and My Father Le Bijou. In my mind it could easily sell for several dollars more. I'd rate the My Father as very good and the fullest full bodied Le Bijou as excellent.

I began smoking what I considered a "normal" cigar such as a 6 X 52, daily. Over time the expense demanded I smoke only once a week or month, and I also began smoking a smaller cigar, such as the Rothschild.

I felt that I had to have good tobacco everyday but found a niche in moderation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One good cigar for the price of a tin of pipe tobacco that provides twenty smokes or more...no brainer. I do love a rich but mellow cigar, but I do see money going up in smoke more than with a pipe. When offered a good cigar, I take it.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
I looked for Flor de Las on my tobacco website but couldnt find it so this is what i went with:

- Padron Original 7000 natural..... 5 pack
- Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2..... 5 pack
- Partagas Black Label Gigante..... 3 pack
- Rocky Patel Sungrown 60..... 2 pack
Have some cheaper cigars to smoke day to day but might bust one of these out per week with some other good ones in my cedar glass top humidor where i keep the good stuff

Reactions: dcon

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Cigars are generally expensive. How is the perfect time to buy your cigars. There are huge discounts everywhere. Your $9 - $12 is selling for $3 - $7 presently.
where are you finding these deals? I usually shop on Pipes and Cigars

Reactions: greeneyes

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
where are you finding these deals? I usually shop on Pipes and Cigars
Cigarpage and Field Supply are the same parent company, so yeah. A couple of the brands you were looking at were at least 40% discounted. I'm also getting those annoying "12 hour sale" spam mails from JR Cigar, but staples like RyJ, Punch, HdM, Allones are tempting at $3-$4 each as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.