PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have my mylar bag "humidor" stocked with cigars, a sampler from Iwan Ries with a dozen dog walkers, including a Cohiba, and a five-pack of La Perla Habana Black Pearl Oro, on sale at PC. Seventeen cigars is my supply for 2022. I'll report on any observation worth reporting. I used to smoke Cubans on business trips to Toronto, but I always preferred the Dominican Republic sticks for their mild sweetness. Not a big cigar guy, but set for the New Year. Has anyone tried Free Cuba cigars? They're DR's sold by the bundle at a good price. I do have my metal cigar cutter, which I plan to use slicing rope cut pipe tobacco, if GH ever exports a supply.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Sounds like a nice bunch. I’m interested in your thoughts on the La Perla Habana Black Pearl Oro. Are those maduros?

Reactions: danimalia

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No dogs here, though we both love 'em, but my wife has a mobility limitation. Of course, our cats don't walk along with us, but they do like to hang out with me when i smoke, and they don't care whether it's a pipe or cigar. Dogs need a dedicated walker and a substitute to meet their needs. I change the litter for the cats. The little cigars are good for sampling, and of course, I'll still want my pipe.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Heh, these days I've found myself to be more of a cat person myself these days. Instead of having smaller cigars that we call "dog walkers," we could have big Churchills and double coronas and call them "cat loungers"

Sounds like you have a mix of different stuff to try. If you like the Cohiba, you might want to try more cigars with Cameroon wrappers, and likewise with Sumatra and Connecticut wrappers if you enjoy the Punch and Black Pearls respectively.