PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I tried to order a bundle of cigars on PC's IPSD 15% off site-wide sale using their IPSD22 code, and this first showed the reduction on my total, but when the order continued that savings disappeared, and the low priced shipping of $5.99 also did not appear and was replaced by a $7.99 minimum shipping, so I scrubbed the order. The promotion for the sale does say there are certain exceptions, and logically, cigars could be one of those exclusions. The sale ends tonight, so in case anyone is inspired to buy cigars, it may not work. I am not the most tech adept customer online, so it is possible I just didn't navigate the site well, but fair warning, a cigar order may not work. I thought of calling the 1-800 number, but figured a cigar is a cigar, and a pipe is a pipe, and I'd skip the hassle.

Reactions: Meerly John

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Oh, I definitely applied the code at check-out. That was the reason I decided to order the cigars. And in the original tally, they showed the discount applied, but when I went to the payment segment, the discount was gone, and the shipping did not show the lower rate but had jumped to a higher rate. So I figured the code did not apply to cigars. As mentioned, in the promo for the discount, they did say certain items were excluded, so I assume that was what was going on. Perhaps you bought pipe-related items? Since it was International Pipe Smoking Day, I thought they drew the line there.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Remember when P&C added a few cigars to their gifts to us for ordering on IPSD, and people actually got mad and flipped out about that on here? Ha ha. I will never understand those who draw a line between pipes and cigars.
you know nothing makes me madder then free cigars. And don't get me started on casual B.J. (pipe cleaners ;) ) from beautiful woman who just want to get on with the rest of their day afterwards. Though that one time I got a free sandwich people almost died! Oh wait all of that's freaking stupid.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
Yeah, I didn't actually buy anything I was just checking. That's not great, I'd be willing to bet they tricked a few fast-clickers into making purchases.

For future reference, Smokingpipes did apply 15% to cigars, I actually ordered some.