PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

billinrio

Lurker
Jun 7, 2017
Good morning. I hope this is an appropriate place for this post. I attempted in vain to find a thread category specifically devoted to pipe reviews. This morning I received an advertisement from Savinelli (attached) for a bent poker shape pipe designed for smoking cigars - specifically cigars from Tuscany. I had never heard of Italian cigars, so I went looking and discovered some interesting things about them - particularly that they're made of Kentucky tobacco, don't require humidification, and are usually cut in half - their Perfecto shape offering the result of thus having 2 cigars, each narrow at the foot end.
I would like to know if anyone has experience using a pipe to smoke a cigar.

Attachments

• Savinelli Tuscania.jpg
    Savinelli Tuscania.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 8
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I had an Uncle who as he got older he started smoke more cigars than pipes. When the cigars got down to the end he would shove the rest in a pipe so he could smoke every last bit of it. He was very, thrifty...

But I have no experience with a pipe made especially for cigars.

billinrio

Lurker
Jun 7, 2017
The last inch or so of a cigar is usually pretty bitter, and by that time I always think it's time to discard it anyway. Perhaps, if one wants to be that "thrifty" (one of the more kindly adjectives available), it would be best to devote a single pipe to the purpose. I'll check out a cigar thread here in order to find out if this is a common practice among cigar devotees.