PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'll take your word on it. I am the oldest of my family who has managed to keep all of my choppers. I've barely had any dental work done at all. I have no idea how I managed to luck out like that. Maybe... brushing, but of course that can't mean much.
I had the best teeth in the family until an industrial chemical accident.

until an industrial chemical accident.
I never know when you're joking. When I do make a quip that would be easily thrown back in my face, you just end up saying, "No really, I'm not joking." So... I'm sorry about your teeth, but I'm glad that it helps with your really large sculptural pipes.

Of course I can't just let it slide that easily... I... I can't help it... did it come with a water pump to turn it into a fountain in your front yard? puffy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I never know when you're joking. When I do make a quip that would be easily thrown back in my face, you just end up saying, "No really, I'm not joking." So... I'm sorry about your teeth, but I'm glad that it helps with your really large sculptural pipes.

Of course I can't just let it slide that easily... I... I can't help it... did it come with a water pump to turn it into a fountain in your front yard? puffy
I know.?

It was foam grill cleaning acid at a food manufacturing plant. Got sprayed in the face. Had third degree chemical burns on my face and shortly after my teeth began falling apart. Good news is that the settlement paid off my car and house.;)

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Do they make you feel like a wizard?

But seriously, I find them intriguing. However, I personally like a shorter pipe, max. 6 inches. I've had my eye on a few, but they are looong. They just seem like they would be a very relaxing pipe to smoke.

Do you find them particularly relaxing to smoke?

Why do you enjoy them?

Pros-cons?

I'm not attracted to them....at all. Probably because in my 40+ years of smoking a pipe I've never actually seen anyone in real life smoking one. The only people I've seen with one are actors or pictures posted by pipe smoking forum members.

I'm not attracted to them....at all. Probably because in my 40+ years of smoking a pipe I've never actually seen anyone in real life smoking one. The only people I've seen with one are actors or pictures posted by pipe smoking forum members.
They are more of an inside your house thing. Carrying them around would just be asking for attention, esoteric, like walking around with a Viking mead horn, or wearing a kilt to the mall. I do enjoy mine occasionally... inside, movie nights, reading, casting evil spells, or when deep in my alchemical formulas. But, not exactly something I'd drive around with. Just my take on them. puffy

Scottishgaucho

Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
They are more of an inside your house thing. Carrying them around would just be asking for attention, esoteric, like walking around with a Viking mead horn, or wearing a kilt to the mall. I do enjoy mine occasionally... inside, movie nights, reading, casting evil spells, or when deep in my alchemical formulas. But, not exactly something I'd drive around with. Just my take on them. puffy

Good for you. ? :col:

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Plutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2020
Shropshire, UK
Well the cobwarden landed yesterday.
Seems I won't be swapping in a danish bit at any point, its a smaller fitting than any cobs I own.. had a stinger (removable) too.
Not like anything I've seen.
20201009_073449.jpg
That's her cleaned up. It must have hardly been smoked, as inside the bowl was barely blackened, and the bottom of the bowl had definitely never touched an ember.

Whilst the stem was soaking (boy, had it oxidised!) I sanded down a royal bit to fit..

20201009_073331.jpg

Really can't wait to try this out later today, both ways..
And @cosmicfolklore .. I reckon I'll brave clenching it, it's real lightweight puffypuffy

Seamaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
Scotland
Darn! It seems that few Brits on this board follow the Premiership. My son got me involved with the Spurs, so I've become rabid, esp with developments over the last month. (For non-fans, a lot of good signings/trades/loans, and hence hope for a very good season.)

I used to live so close to St James Park that when Newcastle scored at home it rattled my windows.

I’d rather watch paint dry, however.

Mar 1, 2014
Churchwardens are the best pipe ever.

I do buy shorter pipes because of the limited selection of Churchwardens, but most of them are still over 6" long.

Park the bowl on your belly while reading , perfect for that and one of the intended uses. I’ve got 3 plus my Bing which is churchwarden length

Indeed.
"Bowl On Belly" is the ultimate in relaxation.

Not hard to clean, they make warden length pipe cleaners

You don't even need the Warden length cleaners, just stick a regular cleaner in each end of the stem.

J.GANDY

Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Well the cobwarden landed yesterday.
Seems I won't be swapping in a danish bit at any point, its a smaller fitting than any cobs I own.. had a stinger (removable) too.
Not like anything I've seen.
View attachment 45991
That's her cleaned up. It must have hardly been smoked, as inside the bowl was barely blackened, and the bottom of the bowl had definitely never touched an ember.

Whilst the stem was soaking (boy, had it oxidised!) I sanded down a royal bit to fit..

View attachment 45992

Really can't wait to try this out later today, both ways..
And @cosmicfolklore .. I reckon I'll brave clenching it, it's real lightweight puffypuffy
That's nice man!

Reactions: Plutz
Status
Not open for further replies.